Monday, April 15, 2013

Woe is Me

I think I have failed to mention that I absolutely hate my boss.  She is such a micro manager and never can make permanent decisions.  I work in an office with about 20 other people and she is over all of us.  We all can't stand her but no one will do anything about it.  We just sit and talk about her to each other to blow off some steam.  She is ex-military and she "leads" our office like that.  It is do as I say and don't ask questions.  First of all she doesn't know how to do any of our jobs.  You would think that she would ask our opinion sometimes but NO she just makes rash decisions and then we regret it later.  Because of some of her stupid ideas my department has had to work several hours of overtime.  Today she announced that we would work next Saturday all day.  It is mandatory.  I am trying to move and I had planned next Saturday to be the day we finally move everything in.  But now I will be scrambling all week after work to try to get things done.  I know you are probably thinking "if you are that miserable, then get another job".  I have been interviewing for the past 3 years and have not received one single offer.  I don't know what I am doing wrong, but apparently no one likes me.  I am a hard worker and do what I am told.  I have probably been on 20 different interviews over this time period.  I have even interviewed for jobs that I am way too qualified for in the hopes of getting out.  So until I can move on, I will just bite my tongue, continue to take my Zoloft and rant to my husband.  But I really hate the way she manages.  I have even thought about making a false email account and emailing her job opportunities as I find them in hopes that she will find one that she likes and leave.  I haven't gone that far.....yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment